New members are in good hands at Seattle Sunrise Toastmasters. We’re ready to help you meet your goals. Here’s what to expect after you’ve joined:
- Receive a mentor – The VP of Education will work with you to identify a member of the club to serve as your mentor–someone who can answer your questions and help you through your first speeches. If you don’t hear from the VPE within your first two meetings, make contact so that you can get a mentor assigned.
- Email list sign-up – The club’s VP of Education will add you to the club’s mailing list and send you details of how to use it.
- Site log-in credentials – The club’s VP Education will provide you with the credentials to log-in to the member section of the Seattle Sunrise Toastmasters club website.
- Begin filling roles – The VP of Education will begin assigning you to fill various roles within the club. Make sure to respond promptly to the scheduling email the VPE sends out each month and you’ll need to be sure to check the schedule. Don’t worry! You’ll be scheduled for smaller roles before larger ones.
- Receive your speech manual – Your first set of manuals will arrive from Toastmasters International within a couple weeks. Make sure to contact a club officer if you don’t receive it within a month of signing up.
- Get inducted – You will be formally inducted into the club following one of our regular meetings.
- Q&A with VP Public Relations – The VP of Public Relations will run a Q&A session following induction and will be available after each meeting. Bring your questions!